The theme for World Water Day 2019 is ‘Leaving no one behind’. This is an adaptation of the central promise of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: as sustainable development progresses,everyone must benefit.
Sustainable Development Goal 6 (SDG 6) aims to ensure availability and sustainable management of water for all by 2030. By definition, this means leaving no one behind.
Condorchem Envitech is absolutely involved in the responsible management of water, as it could not be otherwise being our main activity the treatment of wastewater.
On the occasion of the celebration of World Water Day 2019, at Condorchem Envitech we have decided to remove all plastic containers and water glasses and replace them with water tetra briks.
A new sustainable measure that has come to stay and that is added to the ongoing initiatives that Condorchem Envitech has in terms of Corporate Social Responsibility.
Data (source: United Nations):
- 2.1 billion people live without safe water at home.
- One in four primary schools have no drinking water service, with pupils using unprotected sources or going thirsty.
- More than 700 children under five years of age die every day from diarrhoea linked to unsafe water and poor sanitation.
- Globally, 80% of the people who have to use unsafe and unprotected water sources live in rural areas.
- Women and girls are responsible for water collection in eight out of ten households with water off-premises.
- For the 68.5 million people who have been forced to flee their homes, accessing safe water services is highly problematic.
- Around 159 million people collect their drinking water from surface water, such as ponds and streams.
- Around 4 billion people – nearly two-thirds of the world’s population – experience severe water scarcity during at least one month of the year.
- Over 800 women die every day from complications in pregnancy and childbirth.
- 700 million people worldwide could be displaced by intense water scarcity by 2030.
Sergio Tuset is the CEO of Condorchem Envitech, with over 20 years’ experience in management of industrial companies.
Specially focused on environmental projects for customers, recognized specialist in conceptual engineering applied in wastewater, liquid &solid wastes treatment and air pollution treatment.